Sunday, August 07, 2005

Busy weekend.

Wow!!... it has been a very very busy but productive weekend. Finally I was able to do a big data retrieval using entity beans and got caught into some problems that my core framework had. It results that my remote session bean controller was retrieving always DOM objects, remote session beans use RMI which in turs uses serialization.... bad mistake! with small retrievals this was always working ok, however now I retrieved a huge DOM made of 2812 database rows and oh! oh!... bugs! It took me a good effort to understand what the problem was and how to come up with the best fix, now the DOM gets serialized into an XML string representation and sent over RMI without problems.

In other news, I made the import of real world scac into the system and now I got to play with real data.

I decided to make some screenshoots of my development enviroment showing the application running in debug mode. This screenshoot shows the application running in web based mode.

This screenshoot shows the application running in standalone mode.

No comments: